GreaseMonkey4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fordyce Turtlefreak

2 posters

Go down

Fordyce Turtlefreak Empty Fordyce Turtlefreak

Post by cougarfreak Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:31 am

When one builds an exo cage, he/she must test it... right??? Well, while attempting a poser shot on the rock at the first water crossing of the Fordyce Trail, I did just that... Got a great poser shot... Only it wasn't quite what I had in mind. As I stacked on the rock, it ramped a LOT quicker than I had anticipated. My rear lightened and Driver air bump sprung back out shooting me over ever so slowly. I floored it to try and save it... yeah, there was lots of time to try... but no front locker meant we were going over... Note to self: let out all of the air in the bumps prior to attempting rock crawling excursions... Oh, and no more silly poser shots!!!!! lesson learned. The only damage incurred was a broken passenger mirror, a few dings in the body where rocks snuck through the exo, oil in the intake and cylinders (3 hour process to remove injectors and plugs to expel said oil), bruised ego, and miscelleneous food that fell out of the sunroof. My 2 kidz were in their car seats, and after a long moment of silence, started laughing their heads off at the fact that they were upside down. No terminal damage to anyone, except the mental anguish my passenger had watching the rocks come closer and closer to his window... He still drools to this day whenever he rides in my truck...

Here he is next to his J**P behind the rock guilty of the resulting offense when the drooling started
Fordyce Turtlefreak IMG_7058%20FordyceTurle

You can see him to the right of my vehicle in his "damn I'm glad I was able to get out of that alive" look on his face.
Fordyce Turtlefreak Turtlefreak
cougarfreak
cougarfreak
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 69
Job/hobbies : Soccer, Photography, anything offroad, Animal training
Rig : '97 4Runner SAS'd n loaded
Registration date : 2008-01-09

http://www.cougarfreakphoto.com, http://www.cougarfreak.net

Back to top Go down