GreaseMonkey4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help. I did a release of liability.

+2
snowshoebrue
BIG BLING
6 posters

Go down

I need help. I did a release of liability. Empty I need help. I did a release of liability.

Post by BIG BLING Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:50 pm

Ok here goes the long drawn out story. I sold my 98 dodge to a guy named mike. He sold the truck to a guy named joe. Then joe sold it to a guy name ryan. I was told by mike that he did the transfer on the paper work and got it over in his name. Then I was told by ryan that it got impounded for no reg. Then when ryan showed me the current white paper like when you pay reg with no tags. It was in joes name. Now ryan wants me to sign the paper work back when I sold it to Mike and unstead of saying I sold it to mike say I sold it to joe. The only reason they said that they were having problems is because the original papers had my ex's name on it too. But I think that I would have found that out when Mike put it in his name. Rolling Eyes I am scared that they will try to come at me for charges on no reg for so long and impound fees. What do you guys think?
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male
Number of posts : 1962
Job/hobbies : AUTO RESEARCH TECH/ wheelin and building junk
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

I need help. I did a release of liability. Empty Re: I need help. I did a release of liability.

Post by snowshoebrue Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:51 pm

as long as you signed a release of liability and submitted it to dmv you are not liable
snowshoebrue
snowshoebrue
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 344
Job/hobbies : electrician
Rig : 2003 tacoma truggy
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

I need help. I did a release of liability. Empty Re: I need help. I did a release of liability.

Post by Blackdog Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:20 pm

I'd say stay the hell out of it. You'd have heard about any problems with your ex's name being on it when whoever's name is on it now tried to register it. Besides, its already sold and out of your name. You have no claims to that dodge whatsoever. Good job

Whatever liability you may have had was gone once the guy you sold it to sold it to someone else. From that point on, he becomes PO, and the DMV could give a damn who the PO before that was. Any possibility of liability rolls forward as ownership changes.
Blackdog
Blackdog
BIG TIME MONKEY
BIG TIME MONKEY

Male
Number of posts : 548
Job/hobbies : Fireman
Rig : '91 toy Xcab on 1 tons, dual cases

Back to top Go down

Post by Just2Much19 Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:34 pm

Blackdog wrote:I'd say stay the hell out of it. You'd have heard about any problems with your ex's name being on it when whoever's name is on it now tried to register it. Besides, its already sold and out of your name. You have no claims to that dodge whatsoever. Good job

Whatever liability you may have had was gone once the guy you sold it to sold it to someone else. From that point on, he becomes PO, and the DMV could give a damn who the PO before that was. Any possibility of liability rolls forward as ownership changes.

I totally agree with BD. It sounds a lil shady Suspect
Just2Much19
Just2Much19
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 329
Job/hobbies : Insurance

Back to top Go down

Post by lil-bronc Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:35 pm

Write a letter, stating the facts and have you and whoever sign it.

Stating that you sold to 1. And 1 sold it to 2 and so forth.

Then sign the paper.
lil-bronc
lil-bronc
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 329
Job/hobbies : Micro-Manager
Rig : Blue Buggy
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Chopperman Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:32 am

as long as the current reg is in someone elses name, your are 100% clean.

Usually what happens is the new owner won't reg and then DMV doesn't file the RL and it ends up still in your name.

I wouldn't do anything if it's in someone elses name. If it ism then you will ned to submit a statment of facts as Lance has mentioned ( available online ) Easy form to fill out.

Chopperman
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:03 am

Chopperman wrote:as long as the current reg is in someone elses name, your are 100% clean.

Usually what happens is the new owner won't reg and then DMV doesn't file the RL and it ends up still in your name.

I wouldn't do anything if it's in someone elses name. If it ism then you will ned to submit a statment of facts as Lance has mentioned ( available online ) Easy form to fill out.

Since the truck left our hands, the registration hasn't been touched, except for the release of liability that Matt did. So, it's still in Matt's name, but Matt's not liable cuz he released it. It was just never put into anyone else's name.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdog Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:30 pm

WHat about this part? I need help. I did a release of liability. 980970

BIG BLING wrote: Then when ryan showed me the current white paper like when you pay reg with no tags. It was in joes name.
Blackdog
Blackdog
BIG TIME MONKEY
BIG TIME MONKEY

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:35 pm

very true that is what was throwing me off
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdog Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:29 pm

BIG BLING wrote:very true that is what was throwing me off

If the reg. slip shows another persons name, and you signed a release of liability, I would really just stay out of it. There is no reason for you do do what they're asking, and in reality, you can't, because you don't own the vehicle anymore. Very rarely are there "do overs" in vehicle ownership gap

You could always run down to DMV, see who they've got on file as owning it. They can tell you that much, or at least that you don't own it anymore Good job
Blackdog
Blackdog
BIG TIME MONKEY
BIG TIME MONKEY

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:19 pm

I just called dmv and they said that the regestration was pending due to signature issues. So I think Ill do what lance said and get that document and have him sign it.
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:20 pm

thanks guys
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum