GreaseMonkey4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCR 10'

5 posters

Go down

MCR 10' Empty MCR 10'

Post by lil-bronc Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:33 pm

This is what you guys get to look forward too. Looks like I will be towing in to the slabs and driving from there.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909753
lil-bronc
lil-bronc
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 329
Job/hobbies : Micro-Manager
Rig : Blue Buggy
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

MCR 10' Empty Re: MCR 10'

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:38 am

I didn't read the thread - just saw the pics.

I guess it's bittersweet to me. Seeing those pics made my heart drop, but I can also see why they did what they did to the trail. *sigh*
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:59 am

Reading the thread and listening to kurt and bebe the rocks on the side of the trail SHOULD be put back after the project is done.
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male
Number of posts : 1962
Job/hobbies : AUTO RESEARCH TECH/ wheelin and building junk
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:22 am

FROM CRUIZILLA

There is a plan but here is the rub. John Arenz and I have been walking the trail with the County Engineers and trying to keep them informed as to what would work and where. The knowledge of the 2 of us combined with the knowledge of the crew leaders they have out there are the best shot we have of keeping the trail the hardcore trail that it is.

Right now, sign ups are low for the august work party and we need folks to come on out and help us deliver on the promises made by John and I that:

FOTR will take care of the Wentworth Postpile!!!

If FOTR can not do that or is too pissed of to attend, we stand to lose that section of trail as we know it and love it. It really is that simple.

If we walk away from the trail, it is gone. We just can not let that happen.

So, go to:

www.rubiconfriends.com and Sign Up!!!

I have given over 1000 hours of commitment and $15,000 of lost income to the trail last year alone. I will not let that go in vain if I have to go out and dig every one of those suckers myself.

See you there,

Scott
KING KONG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lil-bronc Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:09 pm

I am sorrry if you believe that anybody has more power than the county resource board. They have already shown that they are doing work after teams have gone through with them to maintain and clean the trail. There was a team up there about a month ago and helped clean the trail via the direction of the county and then they compound it.
lil-bronc
lil-bronc
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:58 pm

what is your sugestion then? just let them do it? why did you build your rig for if you could wheel the con in your tow rig?
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lil-bronc Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:51 pm

BIG BLING wrote:what is your sugestion then? just let them do it? why did you build your rig for if you could wheel the con in your tow rig?

Yhea I built my rig for this. Really??

We have to get some corporation or group and getting some funding. Start small like the sierra club did and work our way up. It is obvious we can not talk reason to them and they don't even listen and have been quoted stating that they don't have to. That public hearings are for the public to discuss there concerns and the that county/state can make they decision will not be impacted based on the public hearings.

I don't know a lawyer or a large enough group that is going to go after the experimentalist. That is almost for sure get one removed from politics.

I wonder if anyone has contacted the NRA or something like that.

Mainly, these people that mean good and write good letters have been doing this for a while. It just seems that they do good but no one with any authority is really doing anything.
lil-bronc
lil-bronc
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ghettowheeler Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Hey we will have parking for the tow rig and trailer now. Frustrated
ghettowheeler
ghettowheeler
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 367
Job/hobbies : Spending time with my Beautiful wife and my 2 boys
Rig : Buildn a formula toy
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:04 am

ghettowheeler wrote:Hey we will have parking for the tow rig and trailer now. Frustrated

Maybe the idea to street-legalize your rig isn't so bad after all Praise
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lil-bronc Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:46 am

FFC wrote:
ghettowheeler wrote:Hey we will have parking for the tow rig and trailer now. Frustrated

Maybe the idea to street-legalize your rig isn't so bad after all Praise

That is why I have a dual registration on my rig. 69' Bronco......

I will be doing fewer trips to the Rubicon in the near future. Fordyce, Barrett, Moon Rocks, Hammers, Bronco Canyon and a few others will be on the list.
lil-bronc
lil-bronc
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:54 am

U think that the county resource board won't go after these spots next? Barrett is already only open like 4 months out of a year.
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lil-bronc Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:07 pm

BIG BLING wrote:U think that the county resource board won't go after these spots next? Barrett is already only open like 4 months out of a year.

Barret is like that due to the fields and how long it takes to dry out and has been that way for years. Also, it is not a county road like the Rubicon. Fordyce is in two different counties and is a road for PG&E. Not to mention the other trails are not as well known or traveled. Barret doesn't have the difficulty and has really no place to handle lots of people to be at one place. Fordyce, scares a lot of people because of the water and the difficulty of the trail.
lil-bronc
lil-bronc
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Good to know thanks Lance
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lil-bronc Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:50 pm

I am really just frustrated the way the government and some groups are doing things.

The sierra club started with little funds and were extremist on trying to save the environment. Though, I do not disagree that some of there ways are really good. The real problem is that they have so much power and are acting in the same extreme nature.

I wish I knew a way to get some kind of funding. The biggest part is to find a group that is willing to take on looking bad to the general public and fighting the groups that are saying the are trying to save the environment.

It is like the churches putting a twist on the Prop 8 so that they can convince the public that it will hurt them.

Rant OFF!
lil-bronc
lil-bronc
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ghettowheeler Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:57 am

I think they need to make annual passes like a boating state park pass. I have no problem paying $100-200 a year to enjoy our trails.
ghettowheeler
ghettowheeler
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:35 pm

ghettowheeler wrote:I think they need to make annual passes like a boating state park pass. I have no problem paying $100-200 a year to enjoy our trails.

Agreed. This has been addressed I don't know how many times.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by oldyellercj Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:33 am

ghettowheeler wrote:I think they need to make annual passes like a boating state park pass. I have no problem paying $100-200 a year to enjoy our trails.

speaking for the jobless or even the folks that just dont have that kinda money floating around, that have a nice rig that would love to have a free trail ride now and then, I would have to disagree, and even if I had a job I still wouldnt pay that much to hit a trail now and then

even when I was working full time and had a little extra money, I didnt have money to burn, let alone $100-$200 on a trail pass

sorry but that seams kinda F'ed up no offence but not all of the 4 wheelers out there have that kinda money to spend on a trail pass (for lack of a better name)

I know members here that barely make it to the trail and back without scraping up all the loose change from the couch first

sure make a pass that is resonable to all not just to those that can afford it, granted it would keep alot of BS off the trail if it were enforced

ok im done ranting I'll get off the soap box Friendly
oldyellercj
oldyellercj
BIG TIME MONKEY
BIG TIME MONKEY

Male
Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : DUH... dirt mud and rocks... and a little boating slipped in here and there
Rig : 87 Runner
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by no-idea Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:56 am

umm im going to the roundup Smile
no-idea
no-idea
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 169
Job/hobbies : beard growing
Rig : 79 sr5 longbed and 83 sr5 shortbed dd
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ghettowheeler Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:12 pm

oldyellercj wrote:

speaking for the jobless or even the folks that just dont have that kinda money floating around, that have a nice rig that would love to have a free trail ride now and then, I would have to disagree, and even if I had a job I still wouldnt pay that much to hit a trail now and then

even when I was working full time and had a little extra money, I didnt have money to burn, let alone $100-$200 on a trail pass

sorry but that seams kinda F'ed up no offence but not all of the 4 wheelers out there have that kinda money to spend on a trail pass (for lack of a better name)

I know members here that barely make it to the trail and back without scraping up all the loose change from the couch first

sure make a pass that is resonable to all not just to those that can afford it, granted it would keep alot of BS off the trail if it were enforced

ok im done ranting I'll get off the soap box Friendly

I completely understand what you are saying. Ok maybe not a annual pass but a weekend fee or daily fee of some kind just to keep most of the BS under control.
ghettowheeler
ghettowheeler
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by oldyellercj Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:17 pm

totaly agree with that, you wanna wheel its gona cost ya 30 bucks...check in on one side check out on other, example with boating launch cost me 7 bucks i go and I leave knowing the cost ahead of time, with the fees going to save the trails, now who wouldnt do that
oldyellercj
oldyellercj
BIG TIME MONKEY
BIG TIME MONKEY

Male
Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : DUH... dirt mud and rocks... and a little boating slipped in here and there
Rig : 87 Runner
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ghettowheeler Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:20 pm

oldyellercj wrote:totaly agree with that, you wanna wheel its gona cost ya 30 bucks...check in on one side check out on other, example with boating launch cost me 7 bucks i go and I leave knowing the cost ahead of time, with the fees going to save the trails, now who wouldnt do that

"yes sir exactly"
ghettowheeler
ghettowheeler
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male

Back to top Go down