GreaseMonkey4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost)

3 posters

Go down

MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost) Empty MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost)

Post by BIG BLING Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:55 pm

This is FFC's writing... copy and paste - didn't want to type it all out again Thud

We have been in the process of moving out of our old house for a while - like, since April. The house was set to go to auction in late April, and we were supposed to have 60 days (with notice) to get the rest of our stuff out. So we took our time.

I went to the house last Thursday and the locks were changed and the "bank owned" signs were up. Well - I NEVER GOT MY NOTICE (they never sent the notice either)! I have rights, as a renter, and my rights - according to California State Law - is that I have 60 days from the date of sale to get my belongings out of the house.

I never got notification that the house was sold/selling. So I called the guy in charge on Thursday and he got mouthy with me. I was *very* nice to him - kudos to me, because I was ready to rip him a new one.

We set an appointment for me to go today and get the rest of my stuff out of the house. Well, I get there and notice Matt's golf clubs are gone, a floor jack, and a microwave. Well - LONG LONG LONG story short, those THREE things were recovered.... from the contractor sent in to give an ESTIMATE on how much it would cost to clear out the house to prepare for selling.

So Matt and I kept looking through the house and I realized that my fishing poles were gone, his stereo was gone, our drill press was gone, my mom's brand new security system (still boxed) was gone, genuine opal eggs (4 of them) were gone, a bunch of other stuff that we noticed throughout the time we were there getting the rest of our stuff out. Worst of all for me - and I bawled my eyes out - was a painting I got from my grandpa shortly after my grandmother died. Now. I wasn't very attached to this painting, but it has sentimental value to me - a LOT of sentimental value. It's something I would have wrapped up and put in the attic for my kids or something. Well... it's gone.

Matt called the cops out because the guy in charge of the house got in our faces - so Matt told the guy he was going to knock his face in unless he went across the street and waited for the cops. So the guy (little tiny guy) went and sat across the street while we waited for the cops.

Cops got there and said that it's a civil matter that has to be settled in court. He also agreed that the guy in charge of the house was in the wrong - our rights were violated and he's very convinced that we'll win in court.

I'm going to be doing some research and see what it takes to go to court about all this. I'm so. freekin. upset.

I know I left huge holes in the story... I just got home after having to miss a day of work to do all this. I can't unload the truck & pathfinder until I make room for all the stuff - which means, Kelly! I'm going to unpack!

*sigh*
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male
Number of posts : 1962
Job/hobbies : AUTO RESEARCH TECH/ wheelin and building junk
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost) Empty Re: MATT GOES TO JAIL (ok almost)

Post by snowshoebrue Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:56 pm

thats a bunch of bs man. sorry to hear you guys are having trouble
snowshoebrue
snowshoebrue
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 344
Job/hobbies : electrician
Rig : 2003 tacoma truggy
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:06 pm

I can tell you guys on this board. Justina got into with the guy too. The guy implied that it was our realtor who stole the items. Justina lost it and yelled ""HE IS A FUGN COP AND OUR FRIEND HE ISN'T GOING TO STEAL OUR SHIAT" aH man it was just getting worse and I was not having anymore of it and told the guy if he doesn't get the fug out of my face Im going to fugn lay him out. Go across the street and wait for the cops.
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:11 pm

yeah man If I didnt not have a wife and kid It would have dif been a different story I told the cop I could not take that guys crap no more and told him to go sit on the other side of the street
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:38 pm

I left a note for the guy at that house saying ..we will see you in court, you are in the wrong according to the cop and have a nice day

Then my women turned on the appliances and locked the screen door that he did not have a key to. We left the front door wide open behind the screen
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdog Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:05 am

Sorry to hear guys. That sucks. I really hope it turns out ok, and you get all your stuff back Hopeful

Just food for thought, you may want to consider going and turning the appliances off. If for whatever reason they wind up starting a fire, you can be held responsible, esp. if they can prove you were the last ones in the house.

I totally understand how pissed you guys must be, but you gotta be careful, and handle things the right way. It won't help your case in court at all to handle it wrong.
Blackdog
Blackdog
BIG TIME MONKEY
BIG TIME MONKEY

Male
Number of posts : 548
Job/hobbies : Fireman
Rig : '91 toy Xcab on 1 tons, dual cases
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:16 am

I didn't turn on the appliances like I said I was goign to - although I wanted to. I figured it's not environmentally friendly to leave the A/C on with the door open Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down