GreaseMonkey4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

on board toyota spare parts!!

3 posters

Go down

on board toyota spare parts!! Empty on board toyota spare parts!!

Post by jman-mopar Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:32 pm

on blingin rig I would like to make a frame mount and put up some spares to carry all the time with us on the rig he also has a short bed and a big old square gas tank.

first thought find a place to mount the short shaft and long shaft front diffs axle. my Idea is to make a plastic 3" tube about 3 foot long and put in the spares also like to put a cap on both ends to put smaller parts inside?? plastic to save on weight plus you hit a rock on som plastic pcv pipe it is pritty tuff unless your mobin the rig full gas...

also like to make sure the plastic pipe is 3" in dimiter because the axle socket is a 55mm to take off the axle nut and what a big socket to lug in your tool bag all day. if it is next to your spare axles it is convent also like to take a little pill/ vidamin bottle and put into it with all the extra c clips and snap rings. then it would be cool to mount it under the bed near the frame.
and then be able to take off the hole pcv pipe walk it down the rubicon trail and you pritty much can fix the guys axle in one light weight trip.

the problem I have right know is mounting the 3" tube in my head next to the frame whattheheck

we could weld some brackets to the frame but it would be nice to have a quick discont for the tube.

also should I make the tube big enfe for the burfs also. or mount them another place??

anyone done this already ?? post a pic ??

thank you and happy wheeling

Jman
jman-mopar
jman-mopar
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 103
Job/hobbies : auto parts sales
Rig : a challeng oh I mean a challenger haha
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

on board toyota spare parts!! Empty Re: on board toyota spare parts!!

Post by Jay D Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:51 pm

I like your idea but I am not sure how pvc will withstand. Maybee we should temporarily mount it with zip ties keep it empty and test it on some rocks and see if we can destroy it first? Just a thought.
Jay D
Jay D
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 357
Job/hobbies : ALLDATA TE2
Rig : 81 Toyota Pick Up
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by lil-bronc Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:24 am

I used a 4" PVC to hold my spares for a while, worked good. You can just go to Home depot and buy it for cheap. Then you can even get the caps for it.

But if you are putting it up in the frame, I am not sure you need much or if any protection. Chopperman used to carry two toyotas back in the day. He was able to bolt and/or strap an extra part some where on his rig. It was quite amazing to see him under his rig for a second or two and pull out a part. Kind of like going to the parts store but with more knowledge and you got the right part the first time.
lil-bronc
lil-bronc
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 329
Job/hobbies : Micro-Manager
Rig : Blue Buggy
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down