GreaseMonkey4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justina got a surprise yesterday

4 posters

Go down

Justina got a surprise yesterday Empty Justina got a surprise yesterday

Post by BIG BLING Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:31 pm

She got a ticket Frustrated Yesterday was a day from hell.
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male
Number of posts : 1962
Job/hobbies : AUTO RESEARCH TECH/ wheelin and building junk
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Justina got a surprise yesterday Empty Re: Justina got a surprise yesterday

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Oh you wanna talk bout a day from hell:

My managers called me in to the office to discuss my internet usage. Basically they said I have to minimize my internet usage by about 85%. Alright.... so that's one downer this week. It makes my days go by soooo much slower to just sit there and watch the screen while the software I use performs VERY SLOWLY.

Here's the best part of my day:

Today, on our way home from work I got pulled over. Alright, so I know my tail light is out, and I should have fixed it. But that's NOT THE REASON HE PULLED ME OVER!! So I'm like wtf? The officer asks me what's up with the registration on my truck. I told him nothing's up with it. It was registered last October and is good through this October. He said "no, I'm showing your registration is expired as of October '07". I said, no my mom registered it and mailed me the tags. He says I have false tags. Alright, so mom had 2 Ford Rangers at one time, so she may have mixed up the registration papers. I told him this, and he said okay. So I didn't have my proof of insurance on me, and I didn't have my registration card. So he says "I'm going to go easy on you and I'm not going to write you up for no proof of insurance, but I am writing you up for driving on expired registration". He also stated that the truck is in the process of transfer of title to my mom and mystepdad - but he used their names. WTF EVER! They've had title to the truck for 4 years! (I did call them and varify this too!)

I got home and found my registration papers. MY TRUCK IS REGISTERED CURRENT THROUGH OCTOBER OF 2008, and it's registered FULLY to my mom and my stepdad - not only partial transfer like he said. Not ONLY did he write me a ticket BUT HE TOOK MY TAG OFF MY PLATES!!! Now I have a $10 fine for no registration - which, come to find out IS valid, and I also have to pay $25 for new tags! I DON'T THINK SO!!! I'm sooooooo ticked off.

So after I vent and storm to Matt and the dogs and the wall, I decided I'll start on some of the wedding stuff. Well, I started cutting the top of our card tin with my 4" angle grinder. Now this is TINY tin, like 1/16th of an inch thick - it should cut like warm butter under the blade of my grinder. HECK NO - something has to go wrong. My grinder BURNED UP! It just stopped spinning.... there's something rattling inside the grinder now, and it won't spin the blade. UGH.. so I can't finish my card tin lid until I warranty my grinder.

So we decide to go to our friend's house to mount Matt's tires onto his new rims. Come to find out, we drove all the way over there and our friend had gone to bed - and didn't tell us. So I took Matt to dinner on the way home - we sat at the drive through at Burger King for about 10 mins while the guy in front of us ordered the whole menu. So we FINALLY get to the window and I hand the lady my bank card. Usually they swipe it, and hand it back then worry bout receipts right? NO!!! She stands there for about FIVE MINUTES with 3 other women - NO JOKE! There were FOUR women around the register punching buttons and discussing someone logging out or something like that. So she FINALLY hands me back my card, we get our food, and head home.

I get home and check my bank account - the lady charged me an extra TEN dollars for our BK food!! Our total order (a number 1 plus a side salad) was a total of $6.18 - my bank statement is showing $16.18.

On top of that, the $600 that I'm supposed to be getting back from the government was supposed to go to the wedding, but now that we're so far behind on everything else, it looks like I'm going to have to use it for rent.

Anyone who gets through reading this whole thing - I'd be amazed.... but thanks for letting me vent. Matt is so great - he's been dealing with me so nicely and I just snap at him cuz I'm SO TICKED off. He tries to joke it all off and I'm just having my first temper tantrum in ages. I SO can't wait till July!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdog Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:42 pm

just an FYI, it isn't uncommon for an amount to be charged to the card larger than the purchase amount, until the transaction actually goes through (the whole pending part) so that $10 may never be removed from your account. Hopefully thats the case.

I'd take the tag stuff up with the dept that pulled you over. The $10 ticket is legit, unfortunately, even if the truck is registered, you do need to have the registration in your vehicle, same with insurance. It doesn't matter if you havei t at home, it is required by law to have up-to-date reg and insurance cards in your vehicle. The tag part is BS though. He should never have taken it off. Especially since you have proof of reg, and it is correct, thats his screwup. Hopefully they'll take care of that. If it makes you feel better, I think the sticker is only like $7, thats how much it was last time I had to get one (folded the sticker on itself by accident :smack: )

comfort it'll all work out gap
Blackdog
Blackdog
BIG TIME MONKEY
BIG TIME MONKEY

Male
Number of posts : 548
Job/hobbies : Fireman
Rig : '91 toy Xcab on 1 tons, dual cases
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:09 am

I went back to BK and they refunded my $10.... Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSimp Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:00 pm

Wow that was depressing. comfort
MiniSimp
MiniSimp
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 239
Rig : 1985 SR5 Pickup
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:18 pm

MiniSimp wrote:Wow that was depressing. comfort

Don't let it depress you, just think of it as "At least it was her and not me" happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:20 pm

hey kyle i have have have to tell you she got her tiera ha h a
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male
Number of posts : 1962
Job/hobbies : AUTO RESEARCH TECH/ wheelin and building junk