GreaseMonkey4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Run a Ricer style air filter for your EFI on the cheap

3 posters

Go down

Run a Ricer style air filter for your EFI on the cheap Empty Run a Ricer style air filter for your EFI on the cheap

Post by Chopperman Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:22 pm

Found this while searching for some stuff

Sorry for the PBB links, but I don't feel like re-writing history
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308855&highlight=mass+air

Chopperman
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Back to top Go down

Run a Ricer style air filter for your EFI on the cheap Empty Re: Run a Ricer style air filter for your EFI on the cheap

Post by unclejpl4x4 Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:59 pm

instresting
unclejpl4x4
unclejpl4x4
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 48
Job/hobbies : road mech
Rig : 93 toy truck
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

Run a Ricer style air filter for your EFI on the cheap Empty Re: Run a Ricer style air filter for your EFI on the cheap

Post by fortysixandtwo Sat May 10, 2008 12:27 pm

I have thought about doing this for a while but I am worried that running this type of intake allows in too much dirt/water. I have been running the stock toyota air filter box with a K&N filter for the last 4 years and it has been great for me. I am concerned that in deep water or dusty environments (Which I frequently drive in) that the open air element will do more harm then good. I bookmarked that but I am not sure if I will commit to it or not.

In the past I have sunk my yota to half way up the head lights and the stock air box managed to keep me from sucking in any water. not sure if i just got lucky but i know had I been running one of these, it would have sucked in a ton of water
fortysixandtwo
fortysixandtwo
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 159
Job/hobbies : Student
Rig : 1985 Toyota 4Runner
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down