GreaseMonkey4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pane ideas??? ATN SNOWSHOEBRUE!!! Hey LIL-BRONC !!!

4 posters

Go down

pane ideas??? ATN SNOWSHOEBRUE!!!  Hey LIL-BRONC !!! Empty pane ideas??? ATN SNOWSHOEBRUE!!! Hey LIL-BRONC !!!

Post by BIG BLING Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:36 pm

ok guys how hard is it to change the propane set up when you want to smog your junk? Is it just easy to just pull everything off when smog time comes? Run carb when it is smog time and then run pane during wheelin season?
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male
Number of posts : 1962
Job/hobbies : AUTO RESEARCH TECH/ wheelin and building junk
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

pane ideas??? ATN SNOWSHOEBRUE!!!  Hey LIL-BRONC !!! Empty Re: pane ideas??? ATN SNOWSHOEBRUE!!! Hey LIL-BRONC !!!

Post by lil-bronc Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:41 pm

I don't think you have to worry about smog anymore, but no exactly sure.

It is a fuel for clean air vehicles. I was able to write it off as a tax deduction, only stating that I had to keep the engine for two years.

I really like it, but if I had fuel injection I would have kept it. The major problem is tank storage and filling up the tanks.

I have one spare 8 lb tank.
lil-bronc
lil-bronc
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 329
Job/hobbies : Micro-Manager
Rig : Blue Buggy
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

pane ideas??? ATN SNOWSHOEBRUE!!!  Hey LIL-BRONC !!! Empty Re: pane ideas??? ATN SNOWSHOEBRUE!!! Hey LIL-BRONC !!!

Post by lil-bronc Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Searching the web, propane does not exempt you from the smog laws.

But I know that you will have much lower emissions with propane. Due to basically no carbon in propane.

Maybe, for S&G's (Shits and Giggles) I will take my rig to the smog shop and get a reading. I could compare that with when I first put the engine in with a carb. Might give you some baseline.
lil-bronc
lil-bronc
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 329
Job/hobbies : Micro-Manager
Rig : Blue Buggy
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by snowshoebrue Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:13 pm

as far as the emissions it will be cleaner(think forklifts inside wharehouses). as far as smog it is illegal. one because there is no road tax on propane and you will not have the proper smog equipment to pass smog with propane installed. to switch back and forth you would have to keep your gas tank and have a spare carbuerator. really besides that not really hard to switch back and forth. my yota has no smog equip at all. all that stuff was just in the way.
snowshoebrue
snowshoebrue
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 344
Job/hobbies : electrician
Rig : 2003 tacoma truggy
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG BLING Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:25 am

ssb how much did you pay for yours and where did you get it? will it work for 20r?
BIG BLING
BIG BLING
KING KONG
KING KONG

Male
Number of posts : 1962
Job/hobbies : AUTO RESEARCH TECH/ wheelin and building junk
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by snowshoebrue Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:08 pm

i payed about 900 for it. i got it from gotpropane.com, carey is a nice guy and really smart when it comes to propane. it should work with the 20r. it won't be street legal though. you won't be able to smog it.
snowshoebrue
snowshoebrue
Gearhead Monkey
Gearhead Monkey

Male
Number of posts : 344
Job/hobbies : electrician
Rig : 2003 tacoma truggy
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by cdgvw1 Thu May 08, 2008 12:26 pm

Try to find a forklift bone yard and get one off a forklift that had a 2.5L gm engine in it.
cdgvw1
cdgvw1
BIG TIME MONKEY
BIG TIME MONKEY

Male
Number of posts : 598
Job/hobbies : Editor, wheelin, Air Cooled VW's, RC truck's, buildin shtuff....
Rig : 77 K5, 1 tons, 4.56:1, locked rear, 400/465/203/205 (triple sticked & want it on 42's)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down